Sunday, September 21, 2014

I NEED A TOOTH FAIRY

Went Friday , 19th, for a dental check up and cleaning.  I knew it would not be good news. I used to go every 6 months for cleaning and check up. Life got in the way and it has been at least 3 years or so. So I need lots of fillings and about 3 new crowns .  Hopefully this will work and I will not lose anymore teeth.  I do not want to have to have false teeth.  Everyone complains about them. 

I have actually been lucky.  I got my caps, crowns, partials  and bridges probably 30 years or so ago.  And with some small fillings along the way and a couple of new partials I have sailed on.

Inflations rears its head.  I probably had $2500 in my original big work years ago.  For the plan in place now it will be over $5000.00.  Crowns have over doubled in price.

But I am trying to look on the bright side, and hope he does not run into any problems with teeth he cannot save. And I will not have to have to have all of them pulled.  I do not need them to last another 30 years at my age, but would like to go out with what teeth I have left now. 

No comments: